GBTA Convention 2019 is where the next generation of travel professionals meet world-class education and networking with industry-leading suppliers. Meet with CIBT and Newland Chase leaders at booth #3417 from August 3 – 7 for The Business Travel Event of the Year® featuring 400+ exhibiting companies, 175+ education & professional development sessions and nearly 7000 attendees representing over 50 countries.
International Immigration and Tax Compliance for Business Travelers
6 August 2019, 10:30am – 11:00am
Session description: Successful Travel Managers understand the critical role laws and compliance play in international business travel. The current fast-changing and challenging geopolitical environment is heightening scrutiny by government authorities of immigration and tax requirements. Therefore, up-front risk mitigation planning is vital to avoiding potentially negative immigration and tax consequences for business travelers. In this session, we’ll simplify this complex topic with a focus on increasing your awareness of the critical issues – so you can spot the potential pitfalls for your business travelers before they become problems. Included will be a discussion of cutting-edge technology tools available to Travel Managers to help ease the burden of immigration and tax compliance.
- Attendees will be able to identify the key issues to watch for in immigration and tax compliance which are involved when their employees travel internationally.
- Attendees will be able to assess their employees and their activities traveling internationally on business for potential issues before they become compliance problems.
- Attendees will be able to develop processes and policies and implement them using available technology solutions to minimize compliance problems.
United States-Canada Cross-Border Challenges for Business Travelers
6 August 2019, 9:00am – 9:30am
Moderator Rob Moorhouse and speaker Cassandra Conacher are joined by a representative from Ogletree Deakins and a Newland Chase corporate client.
Session description: Today, many Travel Managers are seeing a surge in Canadian business travelers being denied entry into the U.S. and U.S. business travelers being denied entry into Canada – due to heightened security, restrictions, and scrutiny of documentation. In this timely and dynamic session, we examine the real-life challenges facing today’s business travelers crossing the world’s longest international border. Equip your business travelers with the practical tools they need to succeed in crossing the U.S.-Canada border in the era of Trump, new USMCA/NAFTA, changing DUI and cannabis laws, and more.
- Attendees will be able to identify explain to their teams the current immigration environment and trends in the United States and Canada which have an impact on business travelers.
- Attendees will be able to assess their current U.S. employees and their activities when traveling to Canada on business for potential issues and minimize the possibility of refusal.
- Attendees will be able to assess their current Canadian employees and their activities when traveling to the U.S. on business for potential issues and minimize the possibility of refusal.