CANADA: eTA Available to Mexican Citizens

On 1st December 2016, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) lifted the visa requirement for Mexican citizens.  Mexican citizens flying to or transiting through Canada will now require an electronic travel authorization (eTA), which they can apply for online.  Mexican citizens will not need an eTA if they are entering Canada by land or sea.

Please note that Mexican citizens seeking to work or study in Canada will still need to apply for work or study permits.

For further information on this topic or for advice on Canadian immigration in general, please contact us at

Contact Newland Chase