Effective immediately, the Israeli Ministry of Interior will issue a multiple-entry B-2 visitor visa for qualifying Indian business persons, valid for up to five years, for stays of up to 90 days at a time.
Normally, B-2 visitor visas for Indian nationals are valid for a single entry, and for a stay of up to 30 days.
How to qualify
- The sponsoring company must be active and duly registered in the Indian Company Registry for at least six months prior to the filing of the B-2 Visa application. As stated in the regulation, permissible business activity includes: “participating in business meetings, engaging in negotiations, investing in Israel, buying or selling Israeli companies, participating in conferences and conducting market research“.
- The regulation makes it clear that productive work in Israel is not allowed under this visa, including but not limited to: supply of any products, provision of any service including manpower services, generally working in country or serving as the company’s permanent representative in Israel.
How to apply
- The application should be submitted at an Israeli consulate, and requirements will be at the discretion of the consulate of application.
- Emphasis will be placed upon the individual’s prior stays in Israel as well as the type of business, international presence and overall reputation of the sponsoring organization.
- Currently there are three Israeli Consulates in India which can process the visa: New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
Business travellers who may qualify, and their employers, should consult their Newland Chase immigration specialist for more specific advice.
For advice and information on immigration to Israel in general, please email us at email@example.com