Applicants are now able to apply for their 90 day UAE visit visas via the Ministry of Interior”s online e-services.
The citizens, residents and stake holders can now immediately apply for their visit visas via the new services. The efficient process enables entry permits to be issued electronically though a secure online system which can only be accessed via an Emirate ID card.
Please see a brief outline below with regards to the process:
- UAE entry permit applications can be submitted at the website www.moi.gov.ae, and the UAE-MOI app on smartphones.
- Applications can be submitted by friends and family who wish to visit an individual legally residing in the UK.
- Applications can also be made to visit a private or a public legal person.
- Entry permits are issued for a limited period and can be for either single or multiple entries into the UAE.
- As a part of the application process a letter of sponsorship is required from the “sponsor” in the UAE and must outline the reasons for the visit and the applicants personal information as well as evidencing their health insurance.
- Once the visa is issued, it will be delivered to the applicants via accredited entities designated by the MoI.
The Ministry of Interior have introduced this 24/7 service to ensure that applications are processed efficiently through this streamlined and convenient process. Lt. Colonel Faisal Mohammed Al Shammari, the Executive Director of the MoI’s Smart Government Programmes states this initiative is to “embrace creativity and innovation, because a creative government is an advanced government that forges ahead at great strides.”
The e-services are promoted as highly efficient with aims to reduce the amount of applicants that visit governmental centres by 80% within the coming years. The framework of the process is designed to continuously excel by simplifying procedures and undergo performance improvements to introduce further services.
Should you need further information on UAE immigration, please do not hesitate to contact us.