The terms of the new waiver program in Vietnam include:
- Allow entry and residence in Vietnam of up to 15 days with no prior approval required
- All purposes of stay are allowed except for work
- The period of time between last exit date from Vietnam and new entry date must be at least 30 days
- Foreign nationals who enter Vietnam on a visa waiver must have a passport valid for a minumum of six months
- This provision is due to expire on 30th June 2017 with the Government deciding to review the program
Vietnam has issued a Resolution extending the visa waiver program for another year to nationals of the following countries:
In summary, qualifying nationals should consider using the visa waiver for business trips, but should check with a Vietnamese consulate in their home country to determine whether the visa waiver is appropriate. Qualifying nationals intending to secure a work permit will still need to enter the country on a business visa sponsored by the Vietnam entity and obtained at an overseas Vietnamese consulate. This will allow them to convert later to long-term temporary residence cards should they wish.
If you require any further advice please contact us at email@example.com.