Hong Kong Immigration Services

Newland Chase offers full support with all aspects of corporate immigration to Hong Kong. Please find an overview of the typical corporate immigration processes below. Every situation is unique, so please do get in touch, either through your usual Newland Chase contact or using the details on the right hand side of the page. Our immigration experts will be glad to discuss your needs in greater detail.

Immigration Summary

The employment visa under the General Employment Policy (GEP) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Department of Immigration is the standard category for work authorisation for foreign nationals entering Hong Kong as professionals.

The employment visa under the Admission Scheme for Mainland Talent and Professionals (ASMTP) is applicable to Chinese nationals resident in mainland China who also need to obtain an Exit Entry Permit (EEP) and corresponding Exit Endorsement (type D) for Hong Kong from their local Public Security Bureau (PSB) in China. This process is available to Chinese nationals only if they are employees or business associates sponsored by multinational firms or well-established companies in Hong Kong.

Overseas Chinese nationals holding Chinese passports, who have been resident outside China for at least the last twelve months, or who are permanently resident overseas, may follow the employment visa process under the General Employment Policy (GEP).

The training visa is available for the proposed training period or for a maximum of 12 months, whichever is shorter, for applicants to receive training in Hong Kong to acquire specialised skills and knowledge not available in the applicant's home country.