Malaysia Immigration Services

Newland Chase offers full support with all aspects of corporate immigration to Malaysia. Please find an overview of the typical corporate immigration processes below. Every situation is unique, so please do get in touch, either through your usual Newland Chase contact or using the details on the right hand side of the page. Our immigration experts will be glad to discuss your needs in greater detail.

Immigration Summary

The Expatriate Services Division (ESD) of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA) is one of the agencies which issue Employment Passes for foreign nationals in Malaysia, and the only agency issuing Professional Visit Passes.

Malaysia Digital Economy Sdn Bhd (MDEC) processes Employment Passes for Information Communication Technology (ICT) companies and companies registered for Multimedia Super Corridor Malaysia (MSC Malaysia) status.

The Employment Pass ("EP") is for foreign nationals on Malaysian contract and payroll. Certain family members of EP I/II holders can obtain dependent status.

For EP I, a minimum basic monthly salary of RM 10,000 is required, for an initial duration of stay of up to five years, with unlimited renewals.

For EP II, a minimum basic monthly salary of RM 5,000 is required for an initial duration of stay of two years, with unlimited renewals.

EP III allows a lower basic minimum monthly salary of RM 3,000, with an initial validity of 12 months (renewable twice) and family members cannot obtain dependent status.

The Professional Visit Pass is for assignees to Malaysia for up to 12 months (renewable up to the maximum), remaining on home-country payroll and contract. Family members cannot obtain dependent status.