Business Travel and Immigration Post-Brexit
Ensure your business and workforce are compliant with the new immigration regulations.
MALAYSIA: MYXpats Centre Updates Systems and Fees
April 18, 2019
Effective 1 June 2019, the MYXpats Centre of the Expatriate Services Division (ESD) of the Immigration Department of Malaysia has announced new features and service charges for Employment Pass, Professional Visit Pass, Dependant pass and Long-Term Social visit Pass applications.
Note that these changes do not apply to immigration applications for MDEC-registered companies.
- Clients will be able to pay the immigration fee through a new online payment gateway (internet banking or credit/debit card) within the ESD portal, to reduce the number of visits and counter transactions
- Online submission of Transfer of Endorsement (TOE) and Cancellation of Passes (submission methods to be advised once new system features are visible)
- Increase in file upload size from the current 10MB to 20MB for each attachment
- A new function, the MYHelp System, enabling online support chat between MYXpats Centre’s helpdesk officers and clients
- Establishment of new MYXpats Centre branches in Penang and Johor
- Setting-up of kiosk facilities in MYXpats Centre
- Improved ESD portal features and simplified handbook with a detailed MYXpats Guidebook
New Service Charges
Note that the following fees, effective 1 June 2019, exclude the immigration fee payable to the immigration department.
|Service||New fee (RM per applicant)||Current fee (RM per applicant)|
|Employment Pass (EP)||1060||318|
|Dependant Pass (DP) / Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP)||530||74.20|
|Professional Visit Pass (PVP)||1060||No charge|
|Transfer of Endorsement (TOE) / Cancellation of Pass||No charge||No charge|
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact their Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.