Business Travel and Immigration Post-Brexit
Ensure your business and workforce are compliant with the new immigration regulations.
Argentina Immigration Services
With offices in Buenos Aires, Newland Chase Argentina provides corporations and individuals operating in Argentina with complete support for all their immigration and visa needs – inbound to Argentina and outbound to more than 190 countries around the world. Our full spectrum of services allows us to manage all of your business visa and employee immigration needs.
We provide services in all areas of Argentina Immigration. Our Argentina team has extensive experience in developing and delivering comprehensive solutions for national and multinational companies located or doing business in Argentina. We provide effective immigration solutions customized to your business needs – including short-term and long-term visas and permanent residence. Our consultants provide exceptional support and guidance on the most complex of immigration matters by focusing on the following:
- Acting as a trusted business advisor to minimize your organization’s exposure to financial penalties;
- Reducing the inconvenience and time spent transferring your assignees;
- Keeping your HR/Mobility teams fully informed at each stage of the process from initiation of a case to completion and being on hand for any follow-up queries once the assignee arrives in the host country; and
- Providing timely visa expiration reminders
Argentina Immigration Management
We provide support in all areas of Argentina immigration for corporations and individuals – from short-term work authorization and temporary residency to long-term work authorization, permanent residency, and Nationalization, including both company employees and accompanying family members. Our approach covers you from comprehensive guidance and pre-planning of new assignments and immigration options to completion of all in-country requirements to ongoing compliance monitoring.
The most common corporate immigration services we provide for companies operating in Argentina include:
- Intra-Company Transfers – When an employee who is currently located in a foreign office of the same economic group is required in Argentina, we assess and determine the appropriate requirements for this type of transfer and coordinate the assignment in full compliance with local Immigration laws.
- Local New Hires – When companies hire a new foreign national employee, we provide assistance with the documents and timing to complete the immigration procedure compliantly. We handle new hires of any nationality, assisting in both the consular and in-country processes.
- Short-Term Work Authorizations – Due to the nature of some assignments and business needs, some individuals may needed for assignments in Argentina for just a short period. This is considered on a case-by-case basis, with the proper steps determined and completed based upon the client´s needs.
- Deregistration of Foreign Nationals – Upon departure from Argentina, both the employer and employee are required to notify local government authorities. Our consultants coordinate all necessary steps in order to have this de-registration completed in a timely and compliant manner.
- Complete Document Procurement and Legalization – No matter where the individual is located, we can assist with obtaining any supporting document and its legalization, meeting document submission requirements in any country around the globe.
For more detailed up-to-date information on the most common work authorization routes in Argentina, see the Immigration Summary tab.
Comprehensive Global Immigration Management
For corporations and individuals located in Argentina, we also provide support in all areas of immigration to more than 190 countries around the world. Our Argentina team is part of the larger Newland Chase global team of 1,700+ expert immigration and visa professionals – specializing in everything from short-term work assignments and temporary residency to long-term work assignments, permanent residency, and citizenship throughout the world.
Business Traveler Management
Business Visas are a key component of a globally mobile workforce – allowing individuals to enter Argentina and other countries for non-work business activities. Business visas typically apply to business meetings, seminars, conferences, trade shows, limited sales activities, contract negotiations, and some supervisory activities. Newland Chase Argentina offers comprehensive services for business travelers both inbound to Argentina and outbound to more than 190 countries.
Our services include everything from personalized assessment of the activities and destination for visa compliance to obtaining the proper visas to tracking of the number and length of stays of your business travelers for legal compliance.
Immigration Policy and Compliance
Our Argentina immigration experts offer an extensive suite of advisory services and immigration compliance strategies to ensure that your organization and employees remain compliant with all Argentina immigration and visa requirements. Our services include strategic guidance on immigration plans, development and implementation of immigration policies, sponsor compliance, education and training, audit support (including mock audits), and immigration compliance technology solutions.
Consulting and Advisory Services
Our Argentina immigration experts act as trusted business advisors – supporting you in virtually any unique or complex immigration-related matter. Our Argentina team is able to manage the scope of immigration in large-scale projects and employee moves, as well as guide you through the immigration complexities involved in corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions.
The Temporary Residence (23A/23E) is the standard immigration process for foreign citizens who will be locally hired (Residencia Temporaria 23A) or transferred (Residencia Temporaria 23E) to Argentina. *The Temporary Residence visa can be applied for through an Argentine consular post or post-arrival in Argentina. Visa-exempt nationals can apply for a change of status to temporary residence after entering Argentina as visitors. Nationals of a member or associate member country of Mercosur do not require work authorisation to take up employment in Argentina but are required to apply for a Mercosur visa (Residencia Temporaria 23L). This visa can be applied for through the relevant consular post or post-arrival in Argentina. If following the consular process, the applicant will arrive in Argentina with residence status. The Technical or Professional visa (24H) is also known as the Special Transitory visa. It is intended for foreign professionals providing short-term services to an Argentine entity. This visa is generally granted for 30 days and can be renewed in Argentina for incremental periods of 30 days up to a total maximum period of one year. Alternatively, visa-exempt nationals can apply for a Technical or Professional Visa (Transitory Work Authorisation, Post-Arrival Change of Status) once they enter Argentina as visitors. It is generally granted for 90 days and only two can be obtained per calendar year. The status of Visitor (No Remunerated Activities) allows the applicant to enter Argentina for business activities for a short period of time. Short-term work related to these activities may be permitted, but this should be checked with a listed supplier on a case-by-case basis. *Non-OECD nationals intending to carry out business, commercial or economic activities and/or to participate in exhibitions and fairs, require a business visa. This visa is generally granted for 60 days if applied for at an Argentine consular post and can be renewed in Argentina for incremental periods of 60 days, up to a total maximum period of one year. *OECD nationals will be able to carry out these activities without a visa, on their tourist status, for up to 90 days. Visa-exempt nationals (other than OECD nationals) can also apply for a business visa once they enter Argentina as visitors. Visas applied for post-arrival will be valid for up to 60 days.
Our Argentina team members are highly qualified and dedicated professionals with extensive experience in all aspects of Argentina immigration. They come from the best of legal, consulting, in-house corporate and government backgrounds and bring a breadth of experience and insight both in immigration and a multitude of industry sectors. With a dedication to service and a consultative approach, our people act as your trusted advisors and partners in achieving your business goals in Argentina.
The office and all of our Argentine consultants are registered with the “Registro Nacional Unico de Apoderados de Inmigrantes” regulated by local disposition 32689/2004, the government office that regulates migration agents in Argentina.