Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
AUSTRALIA: New Labour Market Testing Requirements
August 22, 2018
Effective 12 August 2018, several changes have been introduced to the Labour Market Testing (LMT) requirements for the Temporary Skill Shortage (Subclass 482) visa.
- LMT must now be conducted within a four-month period prior to submission of a nomination application (previously six months)
- Advertising must be posted for a minimum of four weeks (previously 21 days) across at least two national online, print or radio media
- Salary of the nominated position must be included on the advertisement where the salary to be paid is less than AUD 96,400 (previously AUD 145,400)
- Skills and work experience requirements for the nominated position must now be included in the advertisement
- Alternative evidence of LMT by way of submission, rather than evidence of advertising, is acceptable for selected occupations and positions that meet certain criteria including:
- Annual earnings for the nominated position are at least $250,000 (new)
- Certain key medical occupations (new)
- The nominee has an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in a profession or field (e.g. academia or research, sport, top-talent Chef)
- Intra-company transferees (now established in legislation)
- Certain TSS and 482 visa holders where a new nomination is lodged due to a change in business structure
- Exemptions currently in place for International Trade Obligations continue to be available
Companies employing foreign nationals in Australia should seek expert help from their Newland Chase immigration specialist to ensure the new Labour Market Testing requirements are fully met.
For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to Australia, please contact us.