Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
China Opens Borders: Challenges and Solutions for Returning Travelers to China
August 4, 2020
A Changed Travel Landscape
COVID-19 has transformed international travel. As we survey the international travel landscape, Newland Chase strongly believes that there will be no “return to normal” for a long time, particularly with required travel documents. The coming months will be characterized by complexity, even for what used to be the simplest of international trips. While international travel is again possible, every traveler will need more information, more guidance, and more patience than he or she needed before the pandemic to travel successfully.
Newland Chase is adapting to this changed environment by increasing our consultative capabilities and redoubling our best-in-class information-gathering capacities. More than ever, your travel and mobility program will need a true partner, one that knows everything that there is to know about visas, immigration rules, health and entry requirements; an organization that can advise you and your travelers on what’s required to enter your destination and how to get the information and documents you’ll need.
Watch On-Demand Accelerated Webinar Now – China Reopens Borders: Return to China with Our Guided-Entry Visa Solution
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the government of China suspended all visas and residence permits issued before March 28, 2020.
China has partially re-opened borders and is offering visas to return to China for four categories:
- Essential travelers with an approved Letter of Invitation (LOI) for urgent and critical business purposes
- Emergency Humanitarian Needs
- Aircrew Personnel
- Education Professionals
The first category is the most complicated and China is defining Essential Travelers as those with a genuine and high-value need to travel, as well as individuals who are:
- Indispensable to large projects, or
- Necessary for continuity in businesses significant to China, or
- Vital in developments of science and technology, or
- Associated with the job preservation of Chinese employees, or
- Executing urgent/ important contracts or any work/ business involving massive investments/ economic benefits can be deemed as essential
While obtaining a LOI is not guaranteed for any organization, those most likely to succeed include:
- Market leaders, Fortune 500 companies, or those that makes significant economic contributions
- Large scale organizations in operations, production, local influence, and the number of Chinese employees
- Engaged in project with local governments or those that have special significance in the local area
Regardless of the size or importance of your organization, offering a persuasive, thorough, and well-documented case is essential to re-entering China.
How We Can Help
We have the knowledge, contacts, and on-the ground expertise to guide you back to China. We’ve already helped dozens of companies and hundreds of individuals return to China. We can assist you with:
- Evaluation of applicant and sponsor’s eligibility
- Preparation and submission of the LOI in China
- Entry Visa Application from the consulate of China overseas
- Post-arrival Process in China
Watch our 30-minute on-demand accelerated webinar examining how China is reopening its borders, the impact of new roles on visas and immigration, information on applicant eligibility criteria, and guidance on fast-track routes. Learn more about our new COVID travel solutions: Guided-Entry Visa and Informed Traveler service here.
Need more information? Contact your dedicated Newland Chase representative or contact us.
With thirty years of experience, CIBT is the primary service provider to 75% of Fortune 500 companies. CIBT offers a comprehensive suite of services under two primary brands: Newland Chase, focused on global immigration strategy and advisory services for corporations worldwide and CIBTvisas, the market leader for business and other travel visa services for corporate and individual clients.