Afghanistan Immigration Services

Newland Chase offers full support with all aspects of corporate immigration to Afghanistan. Please find an overview of the typical corporate immigration processes below. Every situation is unique, so please do get in touch, either through your usual Newland Chase contact or using the details on the right hand side of the page. Our immigration experts will be glad to discuss your needs in greater detail.

Immigration Summary

Foreign nationals going to work in Afghanistan must first request entry visa approval from the Afghanistan Central Business Registry (ACBR), and then apply for an entry visa from an Afghan consular post abroad. The host company must also be registered with ACBR.

Post-arrival, a Work Permit is obtained from the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MOLSA), and a 6-month multiple-entry work visa obtained from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Interior. Dependent family members obtain a residence visa.

However, applicants working for a host entity contracted to the US Department of Defence under the Bilateral Security Agreement (BSA) or to NATO under the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) do not require a separate work permit – only a 1-year Work Visa will be issued.