Croatia Immigration Services

Newland Chase offers full support with all aspects of corporate immigration to Croatia. Please find an overview of the typical corporate immigration processes below. Every situation is unique, so please do get in touch, either through your usual Newland Chase contact or using the details on the right hand side of the page. Our immigration experts will be glad to discuss your needs in greater detail.

Immigration Summary

The Local Hire Stay and Work Permit - Key Positions is the standard process applicable to foreign nationals locally hired in key positions in companies, branch offices and representative offices in Croatia.

The Intra-Company Transfer Permit (EU Directive 2014/66) is only applicable to assignees falling into management/specialist or trainee categories sent to Croatia for over 90 days from outside the EU and has a maximum total duration of stay of three years for managers/specialists and one year for trainees. The applicant must have been employed for at least six months (for trainees) or nine months (for managers/specialists) by the sending company or group of companies immediately preceding the date of the intra-corporate transfer application.

ICT permits under Directive 2014/66 allow mobility within EU member states - i.e. work permission is not required for EU ICT permit holders to work in other member states for less than 90 days and a streamlined Mobile ICT permit application may be applicable if working in other member states for longer than 90 days.

Qualifying highly-skilled foreign nationals with a Croatian employment contract and a salary at least 1.5x the average gross annual salary can apply for a stay and work permit (EU Blue Card) valid for up to two years.

Some work-related Temporary Assignments are permitted for applicants assigned to Croatia for a period of up to 90 days in a year. This process usually applies where an individual is being sent to fulfil foreign contractual obligations to a Croatian client company. This category is limited to management and supervisory board members; individuals giving or receiving professional training; and activities related to the delivery; assembly or service of machinery and equipment, (where the work is included as a condition in the warranty rights)

No work authorisation is needed for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals (apart from Austrians on local contract). However, temporary residence registration is required for stays of over 90 days.

If the applicant will remain on home country contract a posted worker notification should be sent electronically to the Ministry of Labour prior to the work start date.