Cyprus Immigration Services

Newland Chase offers full support with all aspects of corporate immigration to Cyprus. Please find an overview of the typical corporate immigration processes below. Every situation is unique, so please do get in touch, either through your usual Newland Chase contact or using the details on the right hand side of the page. Our immigration experts will be glad to discuss your needs in greater detail.

Immigration Summary

The Temporary Residence Permit (Employment) is the standard work and residence permit process for foreign nationals locally hired by companies in Cyprus, issued for 12 months initially and renewable up to a maximum of four years. Applications are submitted to the District Labour Office, which is entitled to check whether there are any suitably-qualified EU-national personnel.

Very senior or key personnel sent on assignment or hired locally by qualifying international companies may follow a slightly different route, which is not subject to labour market testing and can lead to long-term or permanent residence. Directors are considered Classification A and must earn at least EUR 46,464, while middle management and other key personnel are considered Classification B and must earn at least EUR 23,232.

The Intra-Corporate Transferee Permit (EU Directive 2014/66) is only applicable to assignees falling into management, specialist or trainee categories sent to Cyprus for over 90 days from outside the EU and has a maximum total duration of stay of three years for managers and specialists and one year for trainees, after which time the assignee must exit Cyprus. The applicant must have been employed within the same undertaking or group of undertakings, for at least 12 uninterrupted months for managers or specialists, or at least six uninterrupted months for trainees, immediately preceding the date of the intra-corporate transfer.

EU/EEA/Swiss nationals do not require a work permit for Cyprus. However, if staying for longer than 90 days, they should apply for a certificate of registration from the Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD) following their arrival. For applicants sent on assignment from within the EEA, the sending entity should submit a written statement about the assignment to the Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance before the start of the assignment and regardless of its duration.