Ukraine Immigration Services

Newland Chase offers full support with all aspects of corporate immigration to Ukraine. Please find an overview of the typical corporate immigration processes below. Every situation is unique, so please do get in touch, either through your usual Newland Chase contact or using the details on the right hand side of the page. Our immigration experts will be glad to discuss your needs in greater detail.

Immigration Summary

The Standard Work Permit process is for foreign nationals who will be working at a local company in the Ukraine or a branch office of a foreign company. For assignments, companies do not need to be linked by common ownership, but the applicant must have been employed by the sending company for a minimum of six months.

Work permits are not required for foreign employees working at foreign owned representative offices registered in Ukraine. Instead, the Representative Office Accreditation Card, is required. For assignments, companies do not need to be linked by common ownership and there is no requirement for the employee to have been employed by the sending company for any minimum time.

For both work permit and accreditation card, the applicant may have a contract either directly with the Ukrainian entity or may remain on contract outside Ukraine. However due to the complexity of the Tax Code of Ukraine the contract is normally held in Ukraine.

IT specialists may be able to apply for permanent residence in Ukraine. However, the permanent residence application takes around one year to be approved, so it is common for IТ specialists apply for a Standard Work permit first and, while working in Ukraine, apply for permanent residence. Permanent residence allows work for any employer and after five years applicants can apply for Ukrainian citizenship.