Zambia Immigration Services

Newland Chase offers full support with all aspects of corporate immigration to Zambia. Please find an overview of the typical corporate immigration processes below. Every situation is unique, so please do get in touch, either through your usual Newland Chase contact or using the details on the right hand side of the page. Our immigration experts will be glad to discuss your needs in greater detail.

Immigration Summary

Qualified individuals who will be working in Zambia for more than six months may apply for an Employment Permit. This category applies both to applicants sent on assignment to a Zambian entity and those locally hired in Zambia. The Employment Permit is issued as a booklet generally valid for up to two years, and renewable.

A Temporary Employment Permit may be granted to enable business or short-term work activities in Zambia for up to six months within a calendar year. A receipt is issued on submission of the application, allowing work activities and travel while the application is in progress. Although it is more common for this route to be used for assignments (with applicants remaining on home country contract and payroll), the applicant may be hired directly in Zambia temporarily if required.

Some temporary assignments for work-related activities are permitted on a business visa for applicants travelling to Zambia while remaining on home contract to offer a service; to help set up a potential business; to consult; to install or repair foreign-made machinery/equipment; to advise on the development of new computer systems or information technology; or for the provision of any service constituting advice, training or learning by observation or in a classroom. Such activities may only be carried out for a period of up to 30 days within a year. This timing starts on the date of entry into Zambia on this status.