Business Travel and Immigration Post-Brexit
Ensure your business and workforce are compliant with the new immigration regulations.
DENMARK: New Positive List, Minimum Salary and Government Fees
January 6, 2020
The Danish immigration authorities have published a new positive list, effective 1 January 2020 and valid until 30 June 2020.
Government application fees and the minimum salary for the Pay Limit Scheme have also been updated.
The new minimum salary requirement (for the Pay Limit Scheme) as of 1 January 2020 is DKK 436,000 per year or DKK 36,333,33 per month.
Government application fees have been reduced for all applications submitted after 1 January 2020. The relevant fees for the majority of case types are as follows:
- Initial or extension application to the Pay Limit or Fast-track scheme (principal applicant): DKK 2,990;
- Initial or extension application for dependent family member: DKK 1,470.
The Positive List is Denmark's list of occupations which are currently experiencing a shortage of qualified professional resident workers. Foreign nationals who have been offered a job which is on the list, and have an educational background that qualifies them for the job, can apply for a work and residence permit under the scheme.
- Head of division
- Research and development manager
- Farming adviser
- Marine engineer
- Industrial designer
- Hospital doctor
- Health and wellness counsellor
- Orthopaedic engineer
- Music therapist
- Hearing impaired consultant
- Accounting controller
- HR consultant
- Web developer
- Civil economist
- Organist, cantor
- Medical laboratory technician
- Finance manager
- Chief accountant
- Logistics manager
- Marketing manager
- Deputy manager, sales
- Public relations manager
- Area manager
- Manufacturing manager
- IT manager
- Education manager
- School principal
- Environmental consultant
- Environmental engineer
- Engineer, design and innovation
- Landscape architect
- Land surveyor
- Clinical dietitian
- Lecturer at academy of technology and business
- Lecturer at basic social care and healthcare college
- Business school teacher
- Adult educational center teacher
- Information technology teacher
- Teacher at public primary and lower secondary school
- Teacher at independent boarding school for lower secondary school students
- Head of preschool class
- Education method specialist
- Business controller
- IT engineer
- Legal officer
- Pastor in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Denmark
- Laboratory dental technician
- Construction manager
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact a Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.
For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to Denmark, please contact us.