Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
FRANCE: Government Proposes Updated Shortage Occupation List and New Immigration Targets
November 8, 2019
The government of France has proposed changes to the immigration rules, from March 2020, including a more accurate analysis of skills shortages, leading to sectoral immigration targets and shortage occupations lists, debated and defined annually.
Occupations on the shortage list are already exempt from the requirement to test the local labor market through advertising. However, the current shortage occupation list has not been updated since 2008.
Other Proposed Changes
- Simplification of the work permit issuance procedure and criteria;
- A new rapid work authorization process for recognized companies;
- Introduction of more online services;
- Lowering of residence permit fees;
- Doubling the number of international students by 2027;
- Increasing the level of written French language required for naturalization applications.
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact a Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.
For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to France, please email us at [email protected]