Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
GERMANY: Automatic Short-Term Work Authorization Approval for Employees of Russian Branch of Company Group
June 10, 2022
Following the increased number of work permit applications from individuals wanting to relocate from Russia, the Federal Employment Agency in Germany has announced that work authorization (pre-approval with the Labour Office) is not required for visas issued until 30 September 2022.
This automatic approval is only valid until 30 September 2022, and is conditional upon the employee meeting the following requirements:
- The employee resides or habitually resides in Russia
- The employee is employed by the international group in Russia
- Visa application is to continue the employee’s employment, located at the German branch of the international company
- Application must be eligible to apply for following employment category: EU Blue Card, Skilled Workers, Specialists or IT experts
- The employee must receive a minimum salary of EUR 43,992 gross per year or EUR 50,760 gross per year for IT experts
Newland Chase Insights
The requirement for the work authorization approval of the Labour Office being waived will reduce the processing time of the overall application, however the visa application is still required and there are currently significant delays in obtaining an appointment at the German Consulate in Russia and also to the processing time of the visa application.