Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
JAPAN: On Arrival COVID-19 Test for Travelers from China to Japan
December 28, 2022
Effective 30 December 2022, an on-arrival COVID-19 test is mandated for travelers from China to Japan. Effective at 00:00 JST on 30 December 2022, the new measures apply to:
- All travelers who have stayed in China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau) within 7 days of arrival date.
- All travelers who enter Japan via a direct flight from China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau).
Note that the new measures apply to those who board an aircraft with an estimated time of arrival after 00:00 JST on 30 December 2022.
- You can find more details of these new measurements here.
- Quarantine for other types of travelers remains unchanged (click here for details).
- To review the latest list of COVID-19 vaccines approved by the Japanese government, click here.
Newland Chase Insights
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Newland Chase dedicated contact or submit an inquiry here should you have any specific questions regarding this announcement.
This immigration update is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal or scenario-specific advice. Furthermore, it is important to note that immigration announcements are subject to sudden and unexpected changes. Readers are encouraged to reach out to Newland Case for any case- or company-specific assessments.