We're Here to Help
Schedule a custom COVID-19 immigration consultation tailored to your foreign national population.
KAZAKHSTAN: Recent Changes to Entry and Visa Rules
August 14, 2018
Several laws have taken effect recently which amend the regulations for obtaining visas and visa invitations, as well as the rules of entry to Kazakhstan for foreign nationals who arrive on a visa.
What are the changes?
Visas and invitations to Kazakhstan
- Invitation applications should be submitted to the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) no later than five business days ahead of the planned date of arrival in Kazakhstan.
- For a foreign national to submit a visa application in a country other than the country of citizenship, it is sufficient to be in the relevant country on a long-term business, investor or work visa.
- Applications for visa renewal can be submitted 30 business days ahead of the visa expiry date.
- The visa invitation application form for companies has been changed. Now it includes the address of the foreign national’s residence in Kazakhstan.
Entry to Kazakhstan on a visa
- Migration cards are no longer issued to foreign nationals who enter Kazakhstan on a visa, including B1, B2, B3 and C3 visas.
- Foreign nationals who arrive on a visa are registered at the border check point upon entry – at the address of residence indicated in the invitation.
Note that host parties are obliged to report visa nationals’ arrival at the place of stay, as well as changes of the place of stay, within three business days.
Companies inviting and hosting foreign nationals who will arrive in Kazakhstan on a visa should contact their Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.
For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to Kazakhstan, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org