Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
MALAYSIA: Permission To Work – Social Visit Pass (PTW-SVP)
October 6, 2022
The Malaysian authorities have announced from 3 October 2022, travelers could be granted permission to work in Malaysia whilst holding a Social Visit Pass. The permission is the completion of short-term critical work in Malaysia.
The following conditions will apply:
- Maximum period that the traveler can perform their short-term assignment will be 30 days
- Sponsoring company must be registered in one of the following sectors:
- Information, Technology & Communications
- Security & Defence
- Health & Medical
- Finance & Banking
- Agriculture & Farming
- Factory, Manufacturing and Construction
- Consulting/Business Services
- Wholesale & Retail
- Oil, Gas& Energy
- Traveler must be outside of Malaysia when the application for the PTW-SVP is submitted
- Travelers who require a visa to enter Malaysia, must have secured an entry visa prior to arrival
The expected processing time for the PTW-SVP is 3 working days from the date of submission, and once approved, the PTW-SVP will be granted for 30 days upon arrival in Malaysia.
No in-country extensions will be granted, therefore the work assignment in Malaysia cannot exceed 30 says.
Newland Chase Insights
The introduction of the PTW-SVP is a welcome alternative to current permits for short term work, including the Professional Visit Pass. Whilst the PTW-SVP is limited in validity, it does have a faster processing time compared to the current processing time of 6-8 weeks for the Professional Visit Pass.
As this is a new permit, it is possible that the Malaysian authorities may implement changes to the process and/or conditions.