PHILIPPINES: All ACR I-Card Holding Foreign Nationals to Report to Immigration By 1 March 2019

January 11, 2019

1 March 2019 is the deadline for registered foreign nationals in the Philippines to report to the immigration office. The Annual Report (“AR”) 2019 period began on 1 January 2019.

Who Needs To Report?

All foreign nationals holding, or in the process of obtaining, Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) I-Cards are required to report annually, in person. Some examples are:

  • 9(g) pre-arranged employees
  • 9(d) Treaty traders
  • 13(A) Permanent residence immigrant visa holders

Foreign nationals in the Philippines in an ACR I-Card exempt category are not required to report. Some examples are:

  • 47(a)2 visa holders
  • Retirees
  • Special non-immigrant and Article 60, EO 226 visas under Regional Headquarters or Regional Operating Headquarters.Note that children aged below 14 years or adults aged 65 or over are not required to attend the office in person. Those who are mentally or physically incapacitated need not attend. Those confined to hospital may request a one-week exemption, in writing, supported by a medical certificate.

How to Report

Foreign nationals who are required to report in person should attend either the main office in Intramuros, Manila, or a regional office in their area of residence, taking with them their ACR I-Card and valid passport. For applications filed through an authorised representative, for a foreign national exempted from personal appearance, a special power of attorney (SPA) with the valid government-issued ID of the legal representative is also required. The fee is PhP 310, and an additional fee of PhP 500 will be charged for non-appearance when allowed.

Penalties for Failure to Report

Currently, a delayed report will incur a penalty of PhP 200 per month of delay, but not more than PhP 2000 per year.

Our Advice

Employers should ensure that foreign national employees or assignees in the Philippines fulfil the annual reporting requirement (unless exempt from holding the ACR I-Card).

For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to the Philippines, please contact us.