Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
QATAR: New Temporary Work Visa Introduced
October 16, 2019
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) and the Ministry of Administrative Development, Social and Labor Affairs (MADLSA) have announced some forthcoming new work and residence permit rules.
The proposed measures include a new temporary work visa and permission for sons of foreign residents to work without changing their family sponsorship.
Temporary Work Visa
- This new visa would be available for urgent , seasonal and short-term work for a specific period up to six months.
- A temporary work visa valid for one month will cost QAR 300; for two months – QAR 500; and for three to six months – QAR 200 per month.
- Further details are not yet available.
Sons of Foreign Residents
- The proposals include permission for the dependent male children of foreign residents to work without changing their family sponsorship but after obtaining the necessary work authorisation.
- Currently, male dependents who wish to work must apply for work authorization through a sponsoring employer, and relinquish their dependent status.
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact a Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.
For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to Qatar, please contact us.