Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
SINGAPORE: Higher Minimum Salary for S Pass Applicants
November 12, 2019
Effective 1 January 2020, the minimum qualifying salary for the S Pass will be increased from SGD 2300 to SGD 2400.
- Existing S Passes expiring before 1 January 2020 can be renewed based on the pre-2020 salary requirement.
- Existing S Passes expiring between 1 January and 30 June 2020 can be renewed for up to one year under the pre-2020 salary requirement.
- Existing S Passes expiring from 1 July 2020 onwards can only be renewed if they meet the 2020 minimum salary requirement.
- The salary should reflect work experience. Older, more experienced applicants need higher salaries to qualify.
- Fixed monthly allowances can be included in the salary calculation.
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to review the salaries of their S Pass holders, and to contact a Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.
For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to Singapore, please contact us.