Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
SWITZERLAND: 2022 Mid-Year Work Permit Quotas
August 26, 2022
Further to our update in December 2021 regarding work permit quotas numbers for Switzerland in 2022, the mid-year work permit quotas utilization has been announced. Work permit quotas are released on a calendar year basis; it is quite common that at mid-year, the work permit quotas have been used more than 50%.
The below information shows that less than 50% of the quotas have been used by 30 June, including a particularly low number regarding UK nationals work permit quotas. The limited use of work permit quotas at mid-year in 2022 can be justified among other things by the current complex international context.
- 4000 “L” short-term permits for non-EU/EFTA nationals; 40%
- 4500 “B” long-term permits for non-EU/EFTA nationals; 43%
- 3000 “L” short-term permits for service providers/seconded workers based in the EU/EFTA; 26%
- 500 “B” long-term permits for service providers/seconded workers based in the EU/EFTA; 34%
- 1400 “L” short-term permits for British nationals; 11%
- 2100 “B” long-term permits for British nationals. 16%
Newland Chase continues to monitor closely the work permit quotas status and will provide further updates in the event of forthcoming work permit quotas exhaustion.
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Newland Chase dedicated contact or submit an inquiry here should you have any specific questions regarding this announcement.