Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
UNITED KINGDOM – Visa Fee Increases from 04 October
September 22, 2023
On September 15, 2023, the United Kingdom Government unveiled a forthcoming adjustment in immigration fees, planned to take effect from October 4, 2023. The rationale behind this adjustment is to reinforce the financial resources allocated to critical services and to facilitate a more substantial allocation of funds towards enhancing remuneration within the Public Sector.
As previously indicated in the announcement made in July 2023, the Government is pursuing an increment ranging from 15% to 20% across various immigration and nationality products and services. This measure is poised to make a substantial contribution to the overarching financial objectives of the Home Office.
The upcoming changes include various immigration and visa fees, which are as follows:
- Fees for various visit visas, spanning from 6 months to 2, 5, and 10 years.
- Majority of entry clearance and leave to remain fees, including work and study applications.
- Indefinite leave to enter and remain fees.
- Convention and stateless person travel document fees.
- Health and Care visa fees.
- Fees for certificates of sponsorship and confirmation of acceptance for studies.
- In-country and out-of-country service fees, with a reduction in settlement priority service costs.
- Fees for British Citizenship registration and naturalization.
- User Pays Visa Application service fees.
The below link offers insight into the upcoming visa application fees effective from early October.
The adjustments scheduled for October 4, 2023, exclude the intended rise in the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), which is planned for introduction later in the Autumn.
If you have any compliance queries on the above or which are more nuanced please contact us directly on [email protected]. For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to the UK, please contact us.