Get The Visibility Your Company Needs
Reduce compliance risks and mobility costs while managing individual and project-related travel with ImmiSMART: the solution that unifies your travel and mobility programs.
UNITED STATES: USCIS Extends Temporary Suspension of Premium Processing for H-1B Petitions
September 3, 2018
Originally intended to last until 10 September 2018, USCIS now expects the expanded suspensions to last until 19 February 2019.
Who is affected?
The suspension of premium processing for H-1B petitions now includes the following petition types:
- H-1B Petitions subject to the FY 2019 Cap
- Petitions to extend H-1B status that include any changes to the job and salary information from the previously filed petition
- H-1B Change in Employer (Porting) Petitions
The suspension does not apply to:
- Cap-exempt petitions that are filed at the California Service Centre
- H-1B extensions filed with the Nebraska Service Centre that are not filed concurrently with a change of employer and/or do not contain any changes to the job or salary information from the prior filing
What is premium processing?
The premium processing service permits employers to request USCIS to adjudicate H-1B petitions within 15 calendar days by submitting Form I-907 (Request for Premium Processing Service) and an additional filing fee of $1225.
Employers who may be affected by the extended and expanded suspension of premium processing should consult their Newland Chase immigration specialist.
For advice and information on business travel and immigration to the US, please email us at [email protected]